Today the BBC featured an article that shows geo-engineering to be in public favour! It discusses the newly published study by Mercer, Keith and Sharp reporting the results of an internet-based survey of 3105 people across USA, Canada and UK. The BBCs immediate claim states that 72% of participants 'support' SRM; eventually it gets round to informing the reader that 'support', in this case, regards the research of SRM and not necessarily implementation ... very different levels of support! This study promises to be an interesting read! Considering the known bias of the academics running the study, I particularly look forward to checking out the nature of the survey and the way in which they have interpreted the results, after all 72% is a high level of support from what I suspect isn't an entirely clued up public ... personally, before starting this blog I can honestly say I knew awfully little about geo-engineering, and I still feel I have a lot to learn before making any conclusions as to how I feel about it!
... I'll check out the study and report back on what I find!
No comments:
Post a Comment